Friday, February 12, 2010

Getting My Head Ready

Once the landscape season begins there is little time to stop and smell the roses, it is non stop from April to December. That is why grabbing a little inspiration with a quick trip to Florida, shopping for specimen plants (unique, often dwarf conifers or bonsai type plants), visiting garden centers, nurseries and other suppliers is on my radar in early spring. This post features the gardens at Marie Selby in Sarasota, Florida, The Garden Shed in Orland, IN where I got my start, Fort Wayne Rocks, Fort Wayne, IN where I buy a wide variety of natural stone products (referred to as hardscape) and a floral shop where the owners collect and sell specimens, this spot I keep secret for good specimens are hard to come by. A great way to start the year and shake off the winter blues.