Friday, February 5, 2010

No Name Key, Tarpon & Mangoes

August 08 was busy I went back to St. Lucia for the wedding of my nephew, took a trip to Marathon Key and was in Indiana by Labor Day. I had to be back to Indiana to begin a contract job that lasted from September until December. I signed on to work for a premiere estate management company in Fort Wayne where I hoped to learn more about maintenance, decorating, business practices and generally tune up my landscaping game.

Traveling nationally or internationally always provides inspiration for me, I am constantly photographing, taking notes and making observations. The digital age has made it easy for almost anyone to take decent photos, view them in a number of mediums and manipulate them at will. I frequently view my thousands of photos, my computer slide show runs steadily. When I design I incorporate ideas, scenes, colors and sounds from the places I have visited.

Shooting my way down A1A from Bonita Springs to Marathon Key Florida is always a pleasure I am happy to share. Dollar bills cover every surface at No Name Bar on No Name Key, brilliant sunsets are the norm in Marathon, tarpon you can hand feed, pelicans will roost any where, indigo blue bird at Everglades National Park and ripe mangoes the first of the season were a few of the subjects that caught my attention.

No comments: