Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gators, Panthers and Sharks Teeth

After leaving St. Lucia I spent the next five months in Florida helping renovate my sisters rental house, working on my tan, riding my bicycle and traveling a bit in the states. I rode my bike daily in Bonita Bay, a manicured community off US41 where I literally ran into a gator ( a small one ran into my front bike tire), followed a Florida panther so closely I could smell him as he trotted down a little used trail in front of me, viewed big gopher turtles, numerous birds and fish as the baking Florida summer of 08 gained momentum.

Gators are easy to spot most every day in Bonita Bay

I went to Venice Beach to hunt the elusive sharks teeth where they are known to be found by the handful. I had a great visit with my girlfriends, ran across the white hot June sand, discovered a great rooftop bar at Sharkey's where the crows were gathering as if for migration but found no sharks teeth.


Crows Roosting In Palms

No comments: