Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ziggy





Just about this time last year I had a kitten which I had rescued living with our menagerie as I tried to find a home for the little cutie, unfortunately Dexter had to be put to sleep due to multiple health issues. Now I find myself once again with a fifth pet at chateau Etter.


As with Dexter this kitten was found abandoned on our property, two of his siblings were found dead and he was eventually saved literally from our burning rubbish by one of our workers, Rick.When Rick brought Ziggy into the office he was suffering from burns and very dehydrated, in addition he was only three or four weeks old and not weaned. My girlfriend Betty came to the rescue nursed the little bugger back to health and fed it as needed until it was weaned.






Even though Betty wanted to she was unable to keep the kitten, now it is back with me and I am seeking a good home for the little beast. This is definitely a cat lover's kitten as it is full of life and vigor, hopping, jumping and leaping are favorite activities. He gets along with both the dogs and has become the personal punching bag for our cat Baxter, who views him as a live action toy.











His only maladies from the fire are rather crisp and scarred ears, missing hair on his tail and a little bald spot on his head. His fur is not the most luxurious but his sparkling eyes are full of life. I would be willing to ship this little fellow most anywhere the law allows so if anyone out there can offer him a home please contact me, five pets is just too darn many.

2 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

Oh I hope someone has room for that adorable kitty! I have 5 as well and it's hard to turn down a good kitten that needs a home. But with Ziggy's good looks, I think the kitty may already have a paw in the door to adoption. Good luck!

islandscapes said...

Thanks that is sweet.