Sunday, July 24, 2011

Steely Dan













Attending my first concert at the Toledo Zoo last Wednesday night was a lovely experience except for the 96 degree heat that tended to keep movement below the waist to a minimum. What a great venue, tasty cocktails, it would be fun to do the zoo then see a band sometime. Hearing Steely Dan is always a treat and frontmen Walter Becker and Donald Fagen kept up the heat on stage as they tore through four decades of music.



They opened with Aja, Black Friday and Hey Nineteen three stellar songs. Their distinctive style and Fagens voice filled the air as we settled back and listened to nearly three hours of classic Steely Dan.


















My first good Dan memories are from high school when their first album Can't Buy A Thrill was getting radio time, the single Reeling In The Years was a favorite of mine and of a girlfriend named Donna. I had a 61 VW with a huge sunroof, I had an 8 track and we would listen to that tape over and over sitting under the bridge near the school. Donna would stand up through the open sun roof singing those songs as I drove through the streets of our home town.






















Halmark, my local equipment rental company and John Deere dealer had this mower/bike on display I got a kick out of it.

No comments: