Thursday, July 28, 2011

Spiders and Rocks
























Itsy, bitsy spider has beautiful markings and has spun a intricate web in a bed of hostas, Theresa pointed it out to me, she found it deadheading.

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the jobs I have designed and am installing that I do not always see the jobs that Bruce has designed and is working. I made a special effort to check out a couple of rock walls on two different lakes, one built by Dave and Matt and the other built by Ryan, they are artisan rock walls both functional and well crafted.


















Dave and Matt built the walls and steps for this customers new home on Crooked Lake. The home owners are installing their landscaping with guidance from Bruce. The lake side of this home is almost complete and our crew is working toward the road side with two more free standing rock glacial stone walls.



One of the things that sets us apart from other guys attempting rocks walls is not only our technique but the shear skill level of our installers. The rocks fit tight and the slight set back means the rocks stay in place. Our installers also choose rocks to feature in prominent locations like this conglomerate pudding rock that Dave placed on the corner.

















Chain saw art is all over the county and this otter with fish in hand I found at the neighbors next to our job site. Makes me wish I had a tree near my house that needed cut down.




















These two long rock terraces were built by Ryan his attention to detail and construction skills are getting better and better. He is not only capable but fast at almost all the hard scape he installs. Ryan is just a natural landscaper, he is a pleasure to have around and another asset to the company.


This is my next large installation project with full landscaping, sod and irrigation I will be paying a visit to The Plant Center to pick out material over the week end. I plan to triangulate specimen Japanese maples on this side of the house that will look really sweet against the house color. We will be constructing a seating wall on the concrete patio, Weston block by Belgard.

No comments: