Friday, April 30, 2010

For the Birds, Odds & Ends


The underside of these emerging Blue Angel hosta leaves stopped me cold as I prepared to divide it with a sharp spade









Four of my jobs were running this week making it extra hectic. The job in Michigan awaited pavers so Bill and Ryan spent four days there prepping for the walks. Friday they helped install a couple of 4" caliper, 22' October Glory maples on Clear Lake.



Theresa is my right arm on the green side of things. She runs the plant installations, builds the best rock walls of all employees, supervises maintenance and is an absolute pleasure to have at work these last ten years. She says she loves her job and I believe her. This week her crew bounced back and forth between two landscape installations. The circle patio and rock walls on Lake James were ready for plants and a job I was working with the client was ready to go. Theresa rebuilt this rock wall and we planted 50 liriope above it. A small self contained fountain will be installed soon. Our client is a designer and she is shopping for the perfect urn in Chicago next week. To help defray cost Ryan ( client) decided to help with tear out and install the mulch.


It must have been a week for the birds as I came upon the giant rooster driving 127 South out of MI, I just had to have a photo. The hawk crossed my path at Bledsoe's golf course when it literally fell out of the sky in a death defying dive with another red tail. They split apart at the last second and I followed this one to where it roosted. Their call is even more penetrating when they are in battle mode.

Installing the green goods around our circle patio was just what the doctor ordered, in another month or so their will be great blooms to photograph. This client Doren is a professional photographer and plans to take a few pictures, I hope he shares. I will post some finished photo's after the flowers get to blooming and the grass comes in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your photographs. Maybe you should try to write for a gardening magazine? You have a great style, you notice beautiful things, and your photographs are lovely.