Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Acres Art Show At Pokagon State Park

Entrance Pogakon State Park Inn

My cousin Cindy invited me to go with her and see a art exhibit at Pokagon State Park which is located fifteen minutes from home and offers a wide variety of activities including horseback riding, a toboggan run, location on Lake James with a large beachfront and a damn fine week end brunch. The show featured local artists, the theme works inspired by nature and was in support of Acres Incorporated which is a non profit land trust that promises donors their land will be preserved and managed in its natural state for eternity. It is an excellent program which provides recreation and education on the various natural tracts it protects. The show was small but charming, we got out for a stroll and we even managed to see some nature both real and contrived.


The tree painting was my favorite but at $ 2,000, I opted to leave it hanging. The gallery was hanging near the native fish tank and I could not resist a couple of shots. The branch photo was taken by Steve Perfect from Leo, IN who also took the photograph my husband and I used for our wedding invitation 35 years ago, I was not even sure if Steve was still around, guess I know now (I picked up a lot of reflection in my photo). The leaves are a sculpture, one of two matching that I liked. The vortex rather perplexed me as it was made of cut yardsticks and raffle tickets a rather odd medium given the theme. The deer outside are corn fed near the restaurant.

No comments: