Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fourth of July , Painting the Sky




Fourth of July was memorable for me again this year, lots of activities and I actually took some time off inspired by my good pal Carol who came to visit from Boston.  I filled our dance card with a cook out at my cousins, AngolaBash where we listened to a friend play wicked guitar and showcase some other local talent, a boat ride and cook out on Lake Gage and finally a dinner party at home on Monday.  Oh yeah, we even managed to view the fireworks in Angola which has been awhile for me.

The boss wondered what I did with the annuals I bought from the competition.  This giant old fountain has not worked for our customer for several years so we re-purposed it as a planter, it looks awesome, just in time for their July 4th party.
Wild Thing is a Vietnam era military truck that has been re-purposed as well.  My cousin restored the truck and drives it in parades, school tours and the odd military event.  Only thing missing was power steering we were back seeding truck tracks from the lawn on Monday.
This mail  order Tikki Bar was pretty cool, three Penske trucks pulled into the driveway and two days later on a already poured pad constructed the bar, kitchen, grills, sink, fridge and all.  Ceramic tile bar and stools were even included.  Pretty cool Nyla and Bob.



 A regular visitor to our pond this great blue heron hunted breakfast last Saturday while my pal from Boston was cooking me cream cheese and chive scrambled eggs, yum, yum we had a fun filled weekend, a cook in the kitchen made life even better.
Flying Low Trio was the reason we went to the AngolaBash last Saturday and we were not disappointed, I have been watching Dave Hall play guitar since he first shocked himself playing on our deck some 20 odd years ago, like many things he improves with age.  True to the moniker the band started out with 3 but ended up 6, Dave and the men were joined first by a talented young harmonica player, then a very throaty blonde women who had range and gusto, then by a fresh young local singer, good show everyone.
Dave's Really Cooking

Finishing the weekend on our old haunt Lake Gage was super groovy, had fun on the yacht ride, great eats and even tried to slalom ski, notice I said try...probably better warm up a bit next time.  Met some new people including a couple of daredevil little boys.

Yep a bit of time off but I still managed to finalize a exciting new landscaping job that we started in this week.  A big job on a challenging site.  Work is super busy.  Bye Carol and welcome into the world yesterday Cassandra Christine Leona Klejnot, love you already.

No comments: