Sunday, October 11, 2015

Florida Flower Power

Sunset Charlotte Harbor


The variety of flowering shrubs and plants available for landscape design in SW Florida is an exciting new avenue for me to pursue, many of the plants I dealt with in Indiana are also grown in the south.  I snapped some stellar photo's of pristine plants when I attended the landscape show a couple a weeks ago.  The leaves were polished, the blooms at peak and presentation was top notch.

Swallowtail Definitely Going In My Yard
Which Bougainvillia Is The Question
Familiar Annuals
        
Digging The Use Of Peppers
Ginger Always A Favorite From The Islands
Amazing Mother Nature
Caladiums Are Field Grown In Florida
          
Double Hibiscus Show
Guaranteed To Blow Your Mind

Beautiful Bromeliads
Stunning
These are a few of my favorite things...now the most exciting part will be getting to use these varieties which are new to me.  I can hardly wait to get started in my own backyard, but customers first.

Freshly Planted Ixora Hedge


This is part of a small job we just finished for a sweet couple with a new home in North Port, part privacy and full color. 

Island Near House
Later this month Hazeltine Nurseries Inc, has it's 12th Annual Fall Festival, should be exciting we are offering classes in the greenhouse, lots of pumpkins, decorations and guest speakers should be fun and educational.  My job is to help write a speech about "Outdoor Rooms".

Next week we begin a job I designed that features several outdoor rooms including a large pavilion, firepit, koi pond, seating benches and huge patio it is going to be awesome.  There will be many photo's following the installation from start to finish.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My parents are about to undergo some huge landscaping changes in their yard. They are making plans right now, but are stuck on a few things. This article has some good points that I think can help them figure out what they need to do and how to overcome those hard points. http://www.kincumbersand.com.au/sand