Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year, 2013



The holidays have filled the last month and I have had little adventure to report, I drove uneventfully from Cape Coral, FL to home mid December and have been with family and friends celebrating the season since that time.  Our last worker finished up the week before Christmas and I helped with some of the end of season clean up, we still have some to do but have accomplished a lot.


Cardinal


One of my Christmas gifts was a new Cannon SX50HS camera from husband Bruce.  I am working on learning the proper use of the camera, it does a lot of tricks zooming to 50x and having wide angle capability, a swell machine.  I hope to supply the blog with lots of sharp new images as I develop my skills.

Coach Painter and players during time out

Notice the gray haired bald tuba player?


One of the great new features is continuous/automatic picture taking, for example at a sporting event I can set the camera and shoot in rapid succession catching all the action.  I recently employed this at the Purdue vs. William and Mary basketball game this past Saturday.  My husband and I are both Purdue alumni and still enjoy visiting campus for various events.  We have several college chums who actually live in the area and we all get together both on campus and off.  It was great visiting with friends and lots of fun playing with the new features of my camera trying to shoot the game.
No mistakes here


I took several hundred shots and got maybe three that were decent, I have greater respect for sports photographers now.  Keeping the winter bird feeders full gives me some great subjects as well.

Purdue won despite this missed dunk

No comments: