Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Big Chill



This is definitely not the Caribbean, as you guessed I am back home in Indiana and the temperature has dropped.  It is a bit early but I find myself with wearing four layers including Carhart bibs, hat, gloves and fuzzy waterproof boots.  While I lost a few pounds working at Ladera I am now wearing 15 pounds of extra clothing.  Today we are experiencing the winds brought our way by hurricane Sandy after she pounded the east coast she sent the winds whirling in the Midwest and we got our first sleet and snow today, the temperature with wind chill is a balmy 25f.


Some of the work I have done since coming home includes adding these tall (6') junipers to this new landscape we did this summer.  The junipers help bring down the height of the house and ground it.


One of the last jobs of the season for me will be the renovation of this landscaping on Snow Lake.  The shrubs were put in by the homeowner when the home was built and they are anxious for a new look.  We will be adding some trees, rearranging and transplanting some of the old shrubs and adding some new plants.  Hopefully we will start this week and finish up next week before the snow starts flying.


No comments: