Sunday, June 12, 2011

"Grass come soon, I promise."




Ever since I got that virus in my computer it has not been right. It is down for the count this week end so I am using Bruce's notebook to blog, if I had known I was going to use it when I bought it for him I would have purchased a full size laptop. My big fingers stumble over the keys and have a hard time hitting their mark. People who know me will testify that I am not a patient person so the constant need to correct is not making me a happy camper this morning.




The grill surround at Jane and Craig's is nearly completed we are down to ordering the custom concrete counter top. It is being handled by Mark at Masolite our first venture with this product. They can use the grill as we have installed a temporary counter. Craig called yesterday and they are now thinking about getting a small hot tub and placing it outdoors, looks like we will need to make a couple design changes. The Ohio State logo in the paver patio looks great, we were going to paint it scarlet, gray and white but Craig and Jane like it just the way it is, me too it is subtle.



The patios, walks, porches and steps are now complete and we have begun some planting. Three 7' Canadian hemlocks went in along with three 5' Chicago lustre viburnums, the foundation of the property line privacy screening. We will install a few more shrubs next week then we are about as far as we can go until the irrigation is installed. I know everyone is anxious to see the dirt yard go away.















The fence has been removed from Trish and Doug's in preparation for irrigation and the new fence talk about instant privacy loss, it sure opens up their yard. We installed three 8' multi-stem Ivory silk lilac trees and three 8' multi-stem Serviceberry to provide a bit of privacy and make the baseballs, volleyballs and soccer balls easier to chase down. Trish has a young, active, athletic family and they need a lot of yard for sports and games.















Terry will work on Trish's irrigation next week then we will be able to seed the yard. We do not like having dirt any more than the customers as it is a constant erosion threat during heavy rain.





I would like to have the new fence installed before we complete the landscape beds but Trish wants to push forward with the plants since construction of the 300 plus foot, custom fence has not yet started. About half the fence is 8' tall and half 6' tall, it will be painted white and made from smooth cedar, let's get cracking on that thing Doug.





















Since we were working on Lake Gage last week I stopped and took a photo of a job we did last year. There were existing concrete steps and plain concrete walls before we paved over the steps and another company put "lick em', stick em' ", (cultured stone) on the walls at this residence. The results are great but the walls need new plantings. There is an obvious need for retention at this property, the steep driveway is navigated by only the fearless. Check out The End.












No comments: