Thursday, November 18, 2010

Millgrove's National Spokesperson

Some jobs are just flat out exciting and this one was definitely a transformation that built excitement as we worked our way up the lot from the lake. When you live on a piece of dirt for a few years you do not always see the potential that exists. But put a new house on that land and the opportunities shout out. When you couple that with a client who has clear visions, plant lists and expectations for outdoor living you begin a blueprint for beautiful gardens.

I met with Trish and Doug Miller at their new house before the siding was installed. Doug was content to let Trish and I hash out the general concept and we chatted for a couple of hours discussing her vision, goals and plans for family living at the lake. Time was not on my side when it came to drawing and putting a bid together as Doug and Trish were going on vacation soon. Their are many new rules and regulations on Clear Lake now and some of what we wanted to accomplish required hands on interpretation of the building and landscaping codes. Since Clear Lake just hired a new administrator the process was a bit slow but we managed to work things out.

The original proposal and drawing was a bit more extensive and included a second retaining wall and entertainment area that we opted not to install. Additionally we have made provisions for an outdoor kitchen on the road side patio set for spring installation. We will continue the project in Spring after the magnificent new fence is installed and the garage is rebuilt.

Trish and I sat down the other day to record this video and I figured she would be smooth since she is a high school volleyball coach and used to talking to media, kids and parents but I was not prepared for how gracious and complimentary she was toward Millgrove Landscaping and myself. I must say I a super happy with the job as a matter of fact I entered it in a trade magazine as a before/after project and it will be featured in Lawn & Turf this December. It was wonderful to work with Trish, she participated in all phases of the design and like me is an immediate gratification kind of girl so the plants and materials are big and look like they have been installed several years instead of a few weeks.

If I would have written the script myself I could not have been as articulate, compassionate or well spoken as Trish when discussing our landscaping project together. So I would like to have Trish act as the official international spokesperson for Millgrove Landscaping, thanks Trish and Doug it was a pleasant couple of months.

No comments: