Monday, July 5, 2010

Gaga Over Gage



Last week we worked for our accountant on Lake Gage so I took the opportunity to take a few photo's of past jobs on Gage. Having lived my first 18 years in Steuben County on Lime Lake (connected to Gage) I always thought of this clear, kettle lake my home territory. It used to tic me off when another landscaper was working on the lake, thankfully I have outgrown the need to do every job within five miles. I often still bicycle from my house around Lime Lake and Lake Gage it is a swell ride with some decent grade changes and great scenery.

The house with the round window we landscaped twice, once with each new addition it was in the Remodel Showcase and our installation was well received. The neighbors are close together on this lake often the minimum 6' off the property is utilized for a total of 12' between houses. Privacy is always an issue and people generally do not want it to seem they are trying to shut out their neighbors, it is usually one of the first things I like to address.

The circle pavers we ran between the house and neighbors fence solved a lot of problems for our customer. First we reduced maintenance, installed something beautiful where nothing but powdery earth and moss grew and made the space a functional walkway from the road to the lake. Full circles and half circles spun down the length of the walk with small cut outs for little plants, still looks great 8 years later.
This house was a major remodel done by our friend Roger at Designing Innovations he introduced us to the home owners and we were able to come up with a design that suited their needs. I love postage stamp size lots they are so cute and cozy. The arbor and fence were a violation of building code so a variance was needed. The home owner a retired attorney was happy to put on his lawyer suit and go to the zoning meeting, you can see who won.

No comments: