Friday, June 25, 2010

Baker, MVP

Continuing to profile Millgrove employees, meet Gary Baker man of many talents and a great addition to our workforce. Having someone in house who is very capable with a wrench has saved us lots of money on truck and equipment repair and maintenance. The first thing you hear when something breaks is, "ask Baker or see if Baker can fix it," he is often inventive with quick fixes but knows how to fix things for the long haul as well. Gary has virtually performed in every parameter; installing hardscape, greenscape, doing maintenance, building, wiring, painting, heavy and light equipment operation.

Gary is local from Orland which is only four miles west of our shop, I really like the idea of being able to provide employment for those close by and who grew up in this area. Gary and I are further associated as I worked with his brother , Roger in my Garden Shed days. I know his family and employed his nephew a couple of years ago Roger's son Kenny who I had last seen when he was about six. I nicknamed him Bug and it was such a perfect name, unfortunately Bug and I severed ties when he nearly ran me over. But Uncle Gary gets my Millgrove MVP for his versatility, hustle, knowledge, broad grin and never give up attitude.

No comments: