Saturday, March 22, 2008

1st Blog Entry

Hello Everyone,

This is my first blog entry with the assistance of my nephew. My goal is to chronicle my landscaping work as a visual record through short videos and pictures. I am working in Saint Lucia at a 5 star resort creating new landscaping and renovating existing gardens.

So join me on my landscape adventures!

My first entry is going to focus on the first project I have begun working on at a The Resort. They have just finished construction of seven new units which are in need of landscaping. Here are a few pics showing my work crew. We are placing one of the old original plantation steel pots as a focal point. It takes 8-10 men together to move the pot.

Part of My Crew




Before shot of the hill after the orange tree was cleared off.




The site is difficult to access and all materials have to transported by hand.





The Pot was particularly difficult to move as you can see below:




In the end it was all worth it.

No comments: